The Australian Imperial Service of Women’s Auxiliary was formed in Phillip Street, Sydney by mothers, wives, widows, sisters, daughters and aunts of men who served in the Australian Imperial Forces in the First World War (1914-1918).
The auxiliaries grew from this beginning to raise money for the welfare of men and women who served and their widows and families.
The Victor Harbor Women’s Auxiliary was started in 1952. Auxiliaries were founded on fellowship and a desire to care for our communities. This continues to exist to this day. Members enjoy the friendship of like-minded women, sharing ideas and ideals. The Auxiliary is a voluntary organisation, dedicated to raising funds for the welfare of veterans of all wars and conflicts.
Eligibility of membership is open to anyone over 16 years of age. Encouraging membership is the future of the auxiliaries to carry on this good work for years to come.
The Women’s Auxiliary is running a Christmas Raffle and would appreciate donations of appropriate items to fill hampers / washing baskets to be used as prizes. Any donation will be appreciated.
Please drop off donations to 1 Burke Street, Victor Harbor (opposite Woolies) ASAP.
Any enquiries regarding donations, sale of tickets or membership of the Women’s Auxillary, please contact Kylie Seidel 0412 815 038.