The following is a timeline showing significant dates for Delta Company 3RAR.
- 12th – 3RAR Advance Party flew from Adelaide to Saigon.
- 16th – 3RAR Main Body departed Outer Harbour Port Adelaide on HMAS Sydney.
- 27th – 3RAR Rear Party departed Adelaide by air.
- 27th – 3RAR Main Body disembarked at Vung Tau and moved to Nui Dat
- 28th – 3RAR Rear Party arrived at Vung Tau and moved to Nui Dat.
- 6th – 3RAR Op Balaklava
- 9-11th – 3RAR Op Bordertown.
- 29th – C Coy, 3RAR moved to FSPB Harrison, Bien Hoa Province (Op Coburg) .
- 31st – Enemy Lunar New Year (Tet) Offensive commenced with widespread attacks on major cities and installations in South Vietnam.
- 1st – Task Force Base mortared. Viet Cong battalion (D445) in occupation of Phuoc Le (Baria) .
- l-2nd – A Coy, 3RAR in action at Baria with 3 Troop A Squadron 3 Cavalry Regiment.
- 3-6th – D Coy, 3RAR in action in Long Dien with 2/52 ARVN Rangers.
- 5th – B Coy, 3RAR in contact in Hoa Long.
- 7-9th – B Coy, 3RAR in action in Baria and Long Dien.
- 10th – 3RAR relieved 7RAR in Bien Hoa province (Op Coburg)
- 18th – Mortar and ground attack on FSPB Andersen.
- 28th – Mortar attack on FSPB Andersen.
- 1st – 3RAR returned to Nui Dat from Op Coburg.
- 3rd – Commemorative service for 3RAR and supporting arms members killed in action in Long Dien and during Op Coburg.
- 8th – 3RAR, less D Coy, commenced Op Pinnaroo.
- 17th – Coy, 3RAR joined Op Pinnaroo.
- 9th – Main Body 1RAR arrived in South Vietnam. Main Body 7RAR departed for Australia.
- 12th – D Coy, 3RAR returned from Op Pinnaroo.
- 15th – Op Pinnaroo completed.
- 21st – 3RAR commenced Op Toan Thang (Phase 1)
- 3rd – 3RAR returned to base from Op Toan Thang (Phase 1)
- 10th – 3RAR continued Op Toan Thang (Phase 1) relieving 2RAR at FSPB Andersen
- 13th – 3RAR occupied blocking position 20 miles north-north- east of Saigon. Mortar and ground attack on FSPB Coral.
- 16th – Enemy regimental mortar and ground attacks on FSPB Coral.
- 24th – 3RAR moved to FSPB Balmoral.
- 26th – Mortar attack on FSPB Coral. Mortar and battalion ground attacks on FSPB Balmoral.
- 28th – Regimental mortar and ground attacks on FSPB Balmoral by 165 Regiment 7th North Vietnamese Army Division.
- 1st – Main Body 4RAR arrived in Vung Tau on HMAS Sydney. Main Body 2RAR departed for Australia.
- 5th – 3RAR returned to base from Op Toan Thang (Phase 1). 14 D Coy, 3RAR cordon and search in Long Dien.
- 25-30th – B Coy, 3RAR participated in Op Ulladulla with C Squadron 1st Armoured Regiment.
- 3rd – 3RAR relieved 1RAR in AO Birdsville Op Toan Thang (Phase 2).
- 18th – 3RAR redeployed into AO Yass to commence Op Merino. 24 3RAR returned to base from Op Merino. 29 C Coy, 3RAR cordon and search north-east Hoa Long.
- 2-13th – 3RAR Op Platypus. 22 Outskirts of Saigon rocketed. 1RAR and tanks in contact with Viet Cong occupying Long Dien.
- 23rd – 3RAR Op Magnetic, Long Son Island.
- 28th – 3RAR Op Diamantina (until 5 Sep)
- 6th – B and D Companies relieved 1RAR companies in defensive tasks in the vicinity of Baria and Long Dien (Op Nowra).
- 10th – A Coy, 3RAR relieved C Coy 1RAR on land-clearing Ops in AO Warburton.
- 15th – B Coy, 3RAR returned from Baria Stadium defence task.
- 19-25th – C Coy, 3RAR Route 2 security Op Ngai Giao area.
- 24th – Coy, 3RAR returned from Long Dien.
- 28th – 3RAR tactical HQ, B and D Companies inserted into FSPB Cedar to commence Op Windsor.
- 29th – C Coy, 3RAR flown in to join Op Windsor.
- 2nd – A Coy, 3RAR returned from land-clearing Ops AO Warburton.
- 6th – A Coy, 3RAR flown in to join Op Windsor.
- 12th – Op Windsor concluded, 3RAR redeployed into AO Garran to commence Op Capital.
- 21st – A, B and D Companies returned from Op Capital.
- 22nd – 3RAR HQ and C Coy returned from Op Capital. 161 Fd Bty redeployed to FSPB Wilton.
- 25th – C Coy, 3RAR commenced Op Harvest.
- 27th – 3RAR HQ group and D Coy joined Op Harvest.
- 29th – 3RAR Advance Recce Party returned by air to Australia. 30 A Coy, 3RAR deployed into AO Rapier on Op Diamond Pin.
- 2nd – 3RAR HQ, C and D Companies returned from Op Harvest. A Coy, 3RAR returned from Op Diamond Pin.
- 5th – 9RAR Advance Party (150) arrived at Nui Dat. 3RAR Advance Party (146) returned to Australia by air.
- 19th – 9RAR Rear Party (40) arrived at Nui Dat. 3RAR Rear Party (40) returned to Australia by air.
- 20th – 9RAR Main body arrived at Nui Dat ex HMAS Sydney. 3RAR Main Body (417) departed on HMAS Sydney for Australia.
- 2nd – 3RAR Main Body disembarked Outer Harbour Port Adelaide, South Australia